Turn up the heat on cold winter nights with this Asian chicken soup with chilli.
The ingredient of Asian chicken and noodle soup
- 70mls (3 1/2 tablespoons) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 500mls (2 cups) boiling water
- 70g (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, washed, trimmed
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 600g fresh hokkien noodles, separated
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh small red chillies, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Asian chicken and noodle soup
- Preheat chargrill or grill on medium-high.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce with the vegetable oil in a small bowl. Brush chicken with soy mixture. Cook on preheated chargrill or under grill on a grill tray or baking tray, brushing with soy sauce mixture occasionally, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour 250mls (1 cup) of the boiling water over the bean sprouts in a heat-resistant bowl, stand for 1 minute then drain. Place remaining 250mls (1 cup) boiling water into a large saucepan over high heat. Add choy sum and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Drain and set aside. Return pan to heat and add the stock and remaining 50mls (2 1/2 tablespoons) soy sauce. Bring mixture to the boil then add the noodles. Cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes or until noodles are plump and tender. Cut chicken across the grain into slices with a sharp knife.
- Transfer noodles from the broth into large individual serving bowls then arrange chicken, bean sprouts, green shallots, chillies and choy sum on top of the noodles. Carefully pour broth over to serve.
Nutritions of Asian chicken and noodle soupfatContent: 454.578 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 44 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 1 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 36 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol