This hand-warming cup of hot, hearty, chunky soup is as easy to make over a campfire as it is to dish up at home
The ingredient of Corn, bacon and zucchini soup
- 30g butter
- 4 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 short-cut bacon rashers, halved lengthways, cut into thin strips
- 3 (about 450g) zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 x 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 x 420g cans creamed corn
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Corn, bacon and zucchini soup
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until shallot is golden. Add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the corn kernels, creamed corn and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until the zucchini is soft.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Corn, bacon and zucchini soupfatContent: 331.732 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 33 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein
sodiumContent: 33 milligrams cholesterol