This pumpkin soup recipe works best cooked in a slow cooker. Add some chillies to give it a zing.
The ingredient of Pumpkin soup with a twist
- 3/4 medium sized butternut pumpkin, skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup full cream
- chilli powder to taste, if desired
The instruction how to make Pumpkin soup with a twist
- Place pumpkin, potatoes, onion, curry powder and stock in a large slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for several hours until vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Using a food processor or stick blender, process until smooth.
- Stir through the cream and chilli powder (if desired). Warm the soup through again, season to taste and serve.
Nutritions of Pumpkin soup with a twistfatContent: