A sweet and rich soup made from butternut pumpkin and apples, garnished with toasted almond flakes.
The ingredient of Spiced pumpkin and apple soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup thin cream
- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted, to serve
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Pinch ground ginger
- Pinch ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Spiced pumpkin and apple soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion. Cook over medium heat for 5 mins until soft and lightly golden.
- Add pumpkin, apple, spices and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and cook soup, covered, for about 25 mins until the pumpkin is very soft.
- Cool slightly, then process with a hand blender or in batches in a food processor until smooth. Return to the pan to reheat. Serve soup drizzled with cream and topped with almonds.
Nutritions of Spiced pumpkin and apple soupfatContent: