Not sure how to cook a Jerusalem artichoke? Try it in this hearty winter soup.
The ingredient of Jerusalem artichoke and leek soup
- 40g (2 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium leeks, washed, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 750g Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed, cut into lcm pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 750mls (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 80mls (1/3 cup) sour cream
- Sliced green shallots, to garnish
- bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Jerusalem artichoke and leek soup
- Heat butter or margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes or until leeks begin to soften.
- Add the Jerusalem artichokes and nutmeg and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently, covered, for 15-18 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Puree in 2 batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan, add the sour cream and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Do not boil. Serve garnished with green shallots and accompanied by the bread rolls.
Nutritions of Jerusalem artichoke and leek soupfatContent: 249.994 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 46 milligrams cholesterol