Broccoflower is a cross between cauliflower and broccoli. It is naturally low in calories which make it the perfect ingredient for this low kilojoule soup.
The ingredient of Broccoflower and pine nut soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50g pine nuts
- 800g broccoflower, cut into small florets
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup (250ml) reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Small basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Broccoflower and pine nut soup
- Heat oil in saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pine nuts, and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until onion very soft.
- Add the broccoflower, stock and 1/2 cup (125ml) of water. Cover and steam over a low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoflower is very tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Blend the broccoflower mixture and milk in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and stir in the cream. Stir over a low heat until warmed through. Stir in the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with extra pepper and basil leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Broccoflower and pine nut soupfatContent: 377.62 calories
saturatedFatContent: 30 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 14 grams carbohydrates