This creamy carrot soup is low in kilojoules and full of delicious vegetable flavour.
The ingredient of Creamy carrot soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, chopped
- 5 large (about 700g) carrots, peeled, chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 poppy seed bread rolls
- 25g reduced-fat dairy spread (Devondale brand)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thin cream
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
The instruction how to make Creamy carrot soup
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add carrots and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut each bread roll into four slices (not all the way through) and butter with dairy spread. Wrap in foil and place in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place carrot mixture, cream and milk in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and stir over medium heat until hot. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle soup with chives and serve with hot bread rolls.
Nutritions of Creamy carrot soupfatContent: 374.035 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 10 grams protein