Feed your family with this wholesome vegetable and pasta soup.
The ingredient of Vegetable & pasta soup
- 100g dried pasta spirals
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 small carrots (about 200g), peeled, chopped
- 200g swede, peeled, chopped
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 100g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked, washed, dried
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30g Parmesan, finely grated
- 60mls (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Vegetable & pasta soup
- To make pesto, preheat oven to180u00b0C. Spread pine nuts over a baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool. Place pine nuts, basil and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add Parmesan and process until combined. With motor running, gradually add oil in a thin stream until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Place pesto in a small screw-top jar or airtight container and cover surface with a thin layer of olive oil. Store in fridge.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain, then rinse well under cold running water. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened slightly. Add celery, carrots and swede and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes, or until softened slightly. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Add beans and tomato and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a large, unsealed airtight container. Once cool, cover and store in the fridge until required.
- To serve, reheat soup in a large saucepan until just boiling. Add cooked pasta and cook until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls and stir in a dollop of pesto. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Vegetable & pasta soupfatContent: 492.34 calories
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein
sodiumContent: 6 milligrams cholesterol