Weve taken the ingredients from this classic Italian salad and reinvented them as a hearty soup.
The ingredient of Panzanella soup
- 410g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped, plus extra slices to garnish
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml tomato juice
- 6 black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- Toasted croutons, to serve
The instruction how to make Panzanella soup
- Place the tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, onion, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and tomato juice in a blender, and process to combine.
- Add enough water to make a thickish soup consistency, then season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss together the olives, capers, basil leaves and croutons, and serve on top of the soup.
Nutritions of Panzanella soupfatContent: 65.486 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 1 grams protein