Full of nutrient-dense vegies, including broccolini and buk choy, and chicken things for iron, this hearty Asian-inspired chicken noodle soup is good for the body and soul!
The ingredient of Healthy chicken noodle soup recipe
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 teaspoons macadamia oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 large celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, cut into 4cm lengths, bruised
- 400g lean chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh Thai basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy chicken noodle soup recipe
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring, for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add chicken. Cook for 1 minute or until starting to colour.
- Pour in stock and 750ml (3 cups) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken with tongs. Transfer to a clean board. Set aside to cool slightly. Shred. Return to pan.
- Add tomato, broccolini and snow peas to soup. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stir through buk choy until just wilted. Stir in lime juice and season. Divide noodles among bowls. Ladle over soup. Serve with basil.
Nutritions of Healthy chicken noodle soup recipefatContent: 290.385 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 23 grams protein