Ready, set, slurp. Dinner is on the table in 30 minutes flat with this simple Asian soup, loaded with chicken, dumplings and noodles.
The ingredient of Express wonton noodle soup recipe
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled 4cm piece ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 700g (4) boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 2L (8 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 whole star anise
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 12 frozen wontons or dumplings
- 400g cooked Chinese-style egg noodles (such as shelf-ready thin hokkien noodles or cooked fresh thin Chinese egg noodles)
- 4 baby pak choy, quartered lengthways
- Thinly sliced long fresh red chilli, to serve
The instruction how to make Express wonton noodle soup recipe
- Use a mortar and pestle or a small blender to combine the garlic, ginger and peppercorns into a rough paste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and cook 2-3 minutes each side or until just starting to colour. Add the garlic mixture and cook, stirring, for about a minute or until aromatic. Add the stock, star-anise and soy sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, fill another saucepan with water. Place over high heat. Once boiling, add wontons or dumplings. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until just cooked through. Drain.
- Divide the noodles and pak choy among serving bowls and top with the wontons or dumplings.
- Use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken from the soup to a chopping board. Slice the chicken and divide among bowls. Strain the soup and discard the solids. Season with salt or soy sauce, to taste. Ladle the hot soup into the bowls. Sprinkle with sliced red chilli to serve.
Nutritions of Express wonton noodle soup recipefatContent: 665.137 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 54 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 52.5 grams protein