Family favourite chicken pot pie gets turned into a creamy soup, served with cheesy pastry triangles to soak up every last morsel.
The ingredient of Chicken pot pie soup recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 middle bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (see note)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Chicken pot pie soup recipe
- Make Cheesy Pastry Puffs: Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut pastry into 5cm squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to form small triangles. Place pastry triangles on prepared tray. Brush with egg. Sprinkle with parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Add bacon, leek, garlic and rosemary to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Return chicken to pan.
- Blend cornflour with 1/4 cup stock in a large bowl. Stir in remaining stock. Add stock mixture to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add cream and vegetables. Simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with cheesy pastry puffs.
Nutritions of Chicken pot pie soup recipefatContent: 696.924 calories
saturatedFatContent: 47 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 41.5 grams protein