For a quick winter warming meal, you cant go past a soup classic.
The ingredient of Pea and ham soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 (about 500g) ham hock
- 3 teaspoons Massel chicken style stock powder
- 8 cups water
- 1kg frozen peas
The instruction how to make Pea and ham soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft.
- Add carrots, celery, ham hock, stock powder and water to saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 1 hour 45 minutes or until meat starts to come away from the bone. Remove ham hock from saucepan and set aside to cool.
- Add three-quarters of the peas to soup. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Shred ham from bone. Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add ham, remaining peas, and salt and pepper. Stir over low heat until hot. Serve.
Nutritions of Pea and ham soupcalories: 164.91 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 399.98 milligrams sodium