Warm up this winter with hearty silverbeet and borlotti bean soup served with cheesy bread rolls.
The ingredient of Silverbeet and borlotti bean soup
- 1 bunch silverbeet, washed, dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 100g pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed, plus 1 extra clove, halved
- 1L vegetable stock
- 400g can Coles Brand Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 pkt Coles Brand Bake At Home White Dinner bread rolls
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
The instruction how to make Silverbeet and borlotti bean soup
- Separate silverbeet stems from leaves. Discard white vein from leaves and coarsely shred. Trim stems and thinly slice. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook silverbeet stems, onion, celery, carrot and pancetta, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 mins or until soft and light golden. Add crushed garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Stir in stock, tomato and beans. Cover. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 mins or until vegetables are very soft. Stir in silverbeet leaves and cook for 2-3 mins or until wilted.
- Meanwhile, prepare dinner rolls following packet directions.
- Preheat grill on high. Slice rolls and cook under grill, about 8cm from heat source, for 1-2 mins each side or until toasted. Rub 1 side of each slice with the cut sides of the extra garlic and sprinkle with parmesan. Cook under grill for 1-2 mins or until parmesan melts. Serve with the soup.
Nutritions of Silverbeet and borlotti bean soupcalories: 307.354 calories
calories: 12.2 grams fat
calories: 4.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 25.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 19.9 grams protein
calories: 167 milligrams sodium