For a light meal or hearty snack, try this gluten-free buckwheat and mushroom soup.
The ingredient of Buckwheat and mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g flat mushrooms, finely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 1.25L (5 cups) gluten-free chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 110g (1/2 cup) buckwheat, toasted
- 3 small fresh bay leaves or dried bay leaves
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Paprika, to serve
The instruction how to make Buckwheat and mushroom soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the mushroom and stir to coat. Pour in the wine and simmer for 2 minutes or until the liquid has reduced slightly. Add the stock, buckwheat and bay leaves and stir to combine.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until the buckwheat is tender. Stir through the spinach and 2 tbs dill. Season.
- Top with a dollop of yoghurt, the remaining dill and a sprinkle of paprika.
Nutritions of Buckwheat and mushroom soupfatContent: 241.151 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 21 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein