Not only does barley fill you up, it also adds great texture and nutty flavour.
The ingredient of Chicken, tomato and barley soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25g butter
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 2L chicken broth, chicken meat reserved (see related recipe)
- 110g (1/2 cup) pearl barley
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 100g baby spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken, tomato and barley soup
- Heat the oil and butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and thyme leaves and stir for 15 minutes or until the onion is light golden and slightly caramelised.
- Add the chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add the barley and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the barley is just tender.
- Add the tomato, spinach and reserved chicken meat. Stir for 3 minutes or until the spinach wilts and the chicken is heated through. Season.
Nutritions of Chicken, tomato and barley soupfatContent: