Warm up this winter with a spicy capsicum and tomato soup.
The ingredient of Spicy tomato & capsicum soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 2 small fresh red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1x 800g can Italian tomatoes, undrained, roughly chopped
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Spicy tomato & capsicum soup
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum and chillies and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the capsicum is tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes, stock, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. (See microwave tip.) Stir in the torn basil. Puree the soup in 2 batches in a food processor or blender until almost smooth. Return soup to the saucepan and stir over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritions of Spicy tomato & capsicum soupfatContent: