This hearty soup will warm you up from head to toe.
The ingredient of Italian sausage soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 200g pepperoni sausages (see note)
- 2 cups shredded Savoy cabbage
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
The instruction how to make Italian sausage soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add carrot and potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, water, tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender and soup is thick.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages. Cook, turning occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until warmed through. Drain on paper towels.
- Diagonally slice sausages. Add sausages and cabbage to soup. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Nutritions of Italian sausage soupfatContent: 385.029 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 62 milligrams cholesterol