Roasting the tomatoes adds extra sweetness and flavour to this wholesome soup.
The ingredient of Roasted tomato soup
- 1kg roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g sebago potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Bread, to serve
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Roasted tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Place tomato on a baking tray. Drizzle tomato with half the oil and top with thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and sugar. Stir in stock and 1 cup cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, for 15 minutes or until potato is just tender.
- Add tomato to stock mixture. Carefully blend soup until smooth. Sprinkle with thyme. Serve soup with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Roasted tomato soupfatContent: 190.722 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 17 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein