Put a little bit of flavour into your dinner with this tasty Indian dish.
The ingredient of Butter chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved (quartered if extra large)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/3 cup thick natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- warm roti, to serve
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Butter chicken
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter. Add ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, garam masala and chilli powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add tomato puree and a pinch of salt and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to saucepan with yoghurt and cream. Simmer a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with almonds and coriander. Serve with roti.
Nutritions of Butter chickenfatContent: 602.758 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein